A major health facility’s construction project, valued at several hundred million dollars, was experiencing severe scheduling delays and disruptions.
The parties wanted to understand the cause of the interruptions, the extent of these inconsistencies, and the impact of those delays. To do so, they would need to get a clear view into what and whose work was performed out of sequence. This would require taking a closer look at tens of schedules, each consisting of thousands of activities that needed to be compiled and thoroughly analyzed. Analyzing these schedules manually would be virtually impossible.
Built On Schedule provided a detailed schedule analysis, completing the task from beginning to end within hours.
Built On Schedule:
- Simplified data consolidation for analysis. The solution quickly and accurately imported all relevant scheduling data from the Project’s scheduling software in use, including the project baseline as well as schedule updates.
- Quickly and accurately compiled the construction schedules’ matrix
- Divided the schedules into metrics of choice that could be analyzed individually, including:
- Out-of-sequence activities or tasks (OoS)
- Dangling activities
- Float sum
- Activity duration sum
- …and many others
- Provided schedule components in a user-friendly format compatible with other programs.
- Identified all out-of-sequence construction work, including already completed out-of-sequence tasks. While leading scheduling software may have a limited capability of identifying out-of-sequence tasks that occur around the snapshot date (data date), Built On Schedule identifies all activities that occurred, or are occurring, out-of-sequence.
- Output an easy-to-read graph indicating a steady rise in atypical activities and clearly identifying areas and times where out-of-work sequence spiked.
- Delivered the data in an Excel spreadsheet, making further research and analysis convenient. Post-processing of data from this spreadsheet could be used to:
- Conduct additional metrics analysis on key factors
- Correct existing issue(s)
- Engage in proactive forensics and problem-solving
- Output additional graphic views
Save Time With Rapid and Thorough Data Analysis
In record time, Built On Vision did what would not have been possible to do manually. Built On Vision provided data, clearly organized by metrics of choice, presented in an easy-to-read format for analysis. The output Built On Vision provided was compatible with tools the parties were already using, and included Excel spreadsheets as well as a simple graph that made conclusions visual and easy for key parties to understand, share, and discuss.
Organized, Usable Output Data
Built On Schedule provided clear data, compiled and organized in a way that made it possible for the parties to highlight work being done out-of-sequence as well as the potential causes for these inconsistencies. Now, the parties could understand responsibility for the inconsistencies and the impact of those delays at a significant level.
Use Data to Understand Cause and Effect
Built On Schedule made it possible to efficiently complete an accurate, clear and effective scheduling analysis that would have otherwise been too time-consuming to do. Within minutes, what would have been nearly impossible to manually analyze had been organized in a matrix, with a clear view into the desired metrics. With Built On Vision’s data analysis, the parties could swiftly identify likely causation and responsibility, using concrete data to find solutions.
For additional insight on the importance of the out-of-sequence metric (OoS), please visit: